Friday, April 23, 2010
In session "A Comparison of Approaches to Building Rich Internet Applications with Ajax", Marty explored the different approaches and situations to use java script and frameworks. he concluded that when to start a project from scratch, using GWT could be a better approach. but in an ongoing project, sometimes core java script works good. or jQuery could be the answer.
In second talk I attended, it was on "Changing face of web", Ramesh explored the ways in which web is changing.
- More real-time
- Real time sentiment visualization - instead of saying yes or no to an article now we will say what feeling I have.
- Real time collaboration - we are able to collaborate real-time with other users of the network with google docs and wave.
- Real time video - Ramesh argued that web is getting more real-time with near-live broadcast of IIPL. it is a meeting point of TV with social web.
- Experience modes
- Natural human interface - touch screen all over.
- Augmented reality -
- Proliferating devices
- Disruptive industry trends - devices all over with webtv and phones etc..
- contextual application - personalization of data
- Social web
- Social networks as application platforms - facebook, linkedin example
- monetisable widgets - widgets can be sold - itunes , iphone example
- cloud computing
- Democratization of data - more government opening data now- USA, UK example
- Linked open data - data is getting linked with opensocial, facebook connect
After this I attended session by Scott Devis, on "web2.0 checklist- Deconstructing modern websites". He gave a hearty talk on what constitutes a web2.0 site beyond the bells and whistles. He started with Tim O'Reilley talk on web2.0 and argued that web 2.0 sites have following characterestics
- Dynamic, not static
- Interactive, not passive
- Collaborative not standalone
- componentized not monolithic
Another session I attended by Marty Hall on "Choosing an AJAX toolkit". He focused on the popular java script frameworks.
Based on the following criteria, he mentioned which one is better.
- AJAX Support: Everyone is mostly same
- Rich GUI: ExtJS, Dojo, YUI on top, jQuery - a liitle behind and prototype and scriptaculous - a lot behind
- DOM Querying and manipulation: jQuery then extJS and Dojo
- Overall ease of use: jQuery on top and google closure at bottom
- General JS programming features: Google closure and prototype with jQuery a little behind Support for extra large projects: Google closure on top with YUI, ExtJS, Dojo on behind
- Market penetration: jQuery
I also attended talk on “Open source web deb debugging tools“. I will just write the name of tools he mentioned:
- Network related
- Load Testing
- Web Services
- Java script
- FireBug Lite
- Visual Event
I wanted to attend NoSQL, Lizard brain web design talks as well but NoSQL speaker was not able to attend the session due to Europe messy air traffic and Lizard brain web design was clashing with one other talk.
ooooooooooooo End of the post oooooooooooooooo
Monday, April 12, 2010
|1||A Comparison of Approaches to Building Rich Internet Applications with Ajax||9:30-10:15|
|2||The Changing Face of Web Applications||10:35-10:55|
|3||Cloud Computing + Mobile Applications = Improved User Experience||10:55-11:15|
|4||Web 2.0 Checklist - Deconstructing Modern Websites||11:25-12:10|
|6||Working Together to Improve Our Profession||13:50-14:10|
|7||Enterprise Cloud Computing||14:55-15:40|
|8||NoSQL: The Shift to a Non-relational World||16:00-16:45|
|9||Open Source Web Debugging Tools||16:55-17:40|
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Friday, April 09, 2010
I am working in Bangalore since 6 years. I stay in a rented accommodation. Till now, I have shifted 4 homes and staying in fifth one.
In Bangalore, we have that active BBMP(?) that takes care of roads in the city. They keep building and rebuilding the roads throughout the year. J
What puzzles me that whenever they start building or renovating a road in front of my house, I shift my house to some other uncharted locality in Bangalore. Till now this statement is true for all the four houses from where I have shifted.
Yesterday evening while returning from my office, I saw that they are planning to renovate the road in front of my house. I like this locality and my home.
Don’t know what future holds L
Friday, April 02, 2010
Thursday, April 01, 2010
Bing. According to sources MS to 400 yahoo employees who
are working in Yahoo Bangalore center and will be working on
Bing research to make it a successful search engine. By this MS
is expanding its development center to Bangalore also.
Key things to keep in mind The essence of design thinking, in many ways, involves identifying problems by seeing things that other peo...
Probably, you are reading this blog post though my Google buzz or twitter or my LinkedIn page. I am writing this blog in Google docs. I have...
Cake is a PHP web development framework which employs the MVC model. I will describe how to set it up on a win32-based machine. First insta...