My predictions for the year 2010.
1. Google chrome OS will be a rage.
Though Chrome OS looks like a only-web platform and support to offline content is limited, still it will be a rage due to its speed and simplicity.
2. Google wave will prove as a real challenger to mail, chat.
In recent blogs, I wrote that it is more a platform than an application. but the way, it has open its API. It will foster innovative application around it to fuel its growth.
3. Microsoft will announce a no-frills operating system.
With more netbooks and web, windows 7 will not be the same as windows XP. World has changed so will be the OS.
4. facebook and twitter will focus more on enterprise solutions rather than social networking.
facebook and twitter ticked more due to its social networking features but to move to next orbit, it has to adopt enterprise. revenue does not equal to advertisements for everyone.
5. Apple iWork may move to web.
when other office software are moving to web, why not apple?
6. print media will give e-book readers a tight hug.
print media especially newspapers will embrace e-book readers to save themselves. Google chrome OS powered netbooks and Google books will give amazon kindle and B&N nook a tough competition.
7. Gadget for the next year will be E-book readers.
I will not name any one e-book reader, but collectively they will change how the books are read. All the romance about sifting the pages and scent of paper will undergo a change.
8. Nokia will announce more smartphones for android and Linux than for symbian.
Smartphones are weak link for nokia. Andoid will explode only to second after iPhone store. Nokia may embrace android for its smartphones. Goodbye Ovi and Symbian.